Car owners - Pricing and earnings

When you rent out your car via SnappCar you can pick your own day price. Via My SnappCar > My Car’s > choose Edit you can edit the price and mileage fee by using our price calculator. This shows you exactly what your will earn.

Not sure what the right price for your car is? Visit the website and take a look around in your neighbourhood to see what others are asking.

From March 1 2017 we use the following pricing model:

Pricing_EN_owner.png

Day price x amount of rental days (+ possible extra mileage) x 0,8 = earnings

From the set day price (+ possible extra mileage) you will receive 80% and SnappCar uses the other 20%* to pay for insurance, roadside assistance and miscellaneous costs.

*the minimum fee is €3,50 per day for insurance (instead of 10%) and €2,25 per booking for SnappCar (instead of 10%). 

Half day rentals

When renters request the car for half a day they see 75% of the initial day price, renters also receive 75% of the free kilometers.

Day price x 0,75 = price per half day

 

Rental discount

Is the rental period longer than 3 days then the renter will receive a 10% discount on the day price. From 7 days or longer it’ll be 15%. The discount will calculated on basis of the dayprice.

 

Day price x amount of rental days x 0,7  (+ possible extra mileage) = earnings

Day price x amount of rental days x 0,65 (+ possible extra mileage)  = earnings

 

Calculation examples:

Day price: €30

Rental period: 12:00 01-03-2017 t/m 12:00 03-03-2017 (2 days)

Free KMs per day: 100 free and after that 0,10 cent per extra KM

Total amount of KMs: 400

Costs extra KMs: 400 - 200 x 0,10 = 20

Earnings: €64

(30 x 2 + 20) x 0,8 = 64

 

----

Day price: €30

Rental period: 12:00 01-03-2017 t/m 12:00 05-03-2017 (4 days)

Free KMs per day: 100 free and after that 0,10 cent per extra KM

Total amount of KMs: 400

Costs extra KMs: 0

Earnings: €84

(30 x 4) x 0,7 = 84

----

Day price: €30

Rental period: 08:00 01-03-2017 t/m 14:00 01-03-2017 (half day)

Free KMs per day: 100 free and after that 0,10 cent per extra KM

Total amount ol KMs: 400

Costs extra KMs:  150 -75 x 0,10 = 7,5

Earnings: €24

(30 x 0,75 + 7,5) x 0,8 = 24

 

 

Have more questions? Submit a request

Comments

Can't find any answers?

Contact our community support
Powered by Zendesk