The moment of renting has come. The renter has arrived at the agreed location and you are about to hand over the key. There are still a few steps before the rental can officially start. We explain here how the check-in and the check-out work.
30 min before the booking starts you will receive a notification via de App (or an SMS) and e-mail from us to start the check-in. In the message you will find a link to the check-in. If the tenant is not there yet you can already fill in some details of your car.
Are you unable to start the check-in via your mobile? Go online to My cars > Reservations > open the relevant booking > click on the orange Check-in button.
- Start the check-in by pressing Start
- Enter the current Mileage and press Next
- Indicate the fuel level and choose Next
- If the car has no damage you can accept the status (skip this step). Are there new damages that you had not yet completed in advance? Then add them in this way:
- Take a picture of each individual damage and use the upload button to add them on a case-by-case basis, then choose Next
- Add a short description and choose Complete
- Repeat steps the first steps to add another damage
The driving license check is the next step, for which the renter must be present.
- Check the driver's driving license by entering the last four digits of his or her driving license.
The renter then goes through his or her check-in. If everything is in order you will receive the 'give the keys' message, the check-in can be completed.
Note: the insurance starts when the check-in is complete, so make sure that all data is correct and that you receive the 'give the key message'. Do not give the keys when the check-in has not yet been completed. The car is not insured. Only bookings with a complete check-in will be handled.
The check-in is complete when you see the following screen:
Just before the end of the booking you will receive a new message (via App, SMS or e-mail) to close the booking. Together with the renter, you check the car by comparing the status of the car during the check-out.
You come across these steps:
- Start the check-out by clicking on Finish booking
- Enter the new milage and choose Next
- Check the fuel level and indicate if you agree
- Proceed to the damage, check that there are no new damages and confirm the status of the car by clicking Yes.
- In case of new damage, choose No and add the new damage. The damage is then immediately registered to Allianz, they will then contact you within 2 working days for further processing.
- Choose Complete to continue.
- Close the booking by confirming that you have received the keys, finish by writing a review.
And you're done!
The check-out can also be done earlier if the renter returns earlier. After the end of the booking you have a maximum of 48 hours to complete the check-out. The booking will then be automatically closed and cannot be changed.
Is something going wrong during the check-out or check-in? Then please contact us.
Note: fuel should be arranged between you, you should get the car back with the same fuel level as at check-in. If there is a difference, ask the renter to transfer the difference to you or to pay in cash. Read more about fuel costs here.