How can we help you?

I have a driver’s license from outside the EU, can I rent a SnappCar?

No, unfortunately you are not able to pass our verification process with a license issued by a country from outside the EU.

If you are staying in the Netherlands for more than 6 months, you are required to exchange your license for a Dutch one. For more information on this procedure, please check this website. After you have obtained your Dutch driver’s license, we would very much like to welcome you at SnappCar.


In Sweden you must exchange your non-EU driving license within one year of moving.

To exchange your non-EU driving license, please contact the Swedish Transport Agency.

If you have previously exchanged a non-EU driving license for an EU license in another EU country, you can use it in Sweden and you can verify it on SnappCar but keep in mind that this verification can take a bit longer than with Swedish licenses, and we will need your Swedish personnummer for this.

Find out more about foreign licenses in Sweden at the Transport Agency's FAQ

Do you have any more questions?
Submit a request