How to check in, and pick up a Keyless car
When you rent a Keyless car the owner will not be present at the check in. There are a few things to keep in mind:
Important notes before the check in can start:
- Make sure that the booking is paid. You will notice the booking status in the app's booking overview. If the payment is not done before the start time of the booking, the request will expire.
- The check in can be done 30 minutes before the start of the booking. If you want to check in earlier than that, you need to change the booking time. Read this article on how to do that.
- A smartphone with the app downloaded is required to complete the check in and to use our service. Make sure you have a charged battery and internet connection.
How to do the check-in
- Click "Check in" in the app, and start by taking pictures in all the angles shown in the check in flow. Carefully inspect the car for any damages. These should be compared to the registered damage on the car profile. Add potentially new damages as well in this step.
- Click "unlock the car", and the car will open. You'll find the car keys in the keyfob holder in the glove compartment.
- Start the engine and take a photo of the mileage and fuel level. (With SnappCar Keyless most cars automatically register the mileage and, depending on car compatibility, the fuel level - but it’s good to have a photo just in case, so you won't have to pay too much in the end).
Remember where the car was parked so you can return it to the same spot.
You are now ready to drive away with your Keyless car!